Who does not like traveling? Seeing the world with your own eyes is probably one of the most exciting things to do! You are in luck, because whether it is traveling with your friends, your family or by yourself, we have the right motivation for you! And even a little extra. Where you ask? Right here of course!
Over the past months we have collected the best travel quotes for you. Some people just use the perfect words to describe certain things, don’t you think? Whether you are looking for shorter travel quotes or longer ones, we guarantee that you will find what you seek! Can’t wait? Well, then let’s get started!
PS: You will notice we were especially inspired by Mark Twain, his life and quotes! Don’t hold it against us, I mean, his quotes are just amazing, right?
Table of Contents
Best travel quotes with friends 👫
Who does not like to travel with friends or family? We found the best quotes that express real friendship! Good to know: Costa Rica is one of the most frequented destinations for family volunteering. Share these travel quotes with your friends and family and let them motivate you to go on an adventure together!
1. “I have found out that there ain’t no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them.”
– Mark Twain
Personally I love this travel companion quote because I feel like it is so true! I think we all can agree that you really get to know a person when you spend more time with them. When traveling with your friends you will see them in a new light and get to know them in new situations, which will lead you to an even deeper level of friendship!
2. “We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.”
– Robert Louis Stevenson
3. “A journey is best measured in friends, rather than miles.”
– Tim Cahill
This travel quote for friends goes into a somewhat different direction. Not only can you start your travel with your friends (and family), but you can also meet new friends along your travels! A trip is not really as rewarding when you do not meet new people and get to know them, don’t you think?
4. “In the end, what you do isn’t going to be nearly as interesting or important as who you do it with.”
– John Green
5. “Take only memories, leave only footprints.”
– Chief Seattle
When you have grown older, the exceptional and amazing trips you have made with your friends and family are the things that will stay in your memory. What’s better than looking back onto them with a smile?
6. “Friends are as companions on a journey, who ought to aid each other to persevere in the road to a happier life.”
Of course, friendship goes beyond any kind of travel, but people who travel together, will continue to do so throughout their entire life!
Romantic travel quotes for couples ❤️
You are in love and traveling with your significant other? Sounds like a great idea! Since we all obviously love travel quotes, it was unavoidable that we give you some travel quotes for couples. It is all about love after all, isn’t it? The love for quotes and the love to travel! By the way, our statistics show that couples prefer to volunteer in the Maldives and Africa. Make memories together while seeing some great parts of the world with our travel quotes for couples!
7. “A ship in a harbor is safe, but it not what ships are built for.”
– John A. Shedd
8. “Live life with no excuses, travel with no regret.”
– Oscar Wilde
The previous two quotes express exactly what love is all about. It is about the courage to put yourself our there, to get out of your comfort zone, and embrace your own unconditional love for someone else. Later on you will always regret that you stayed on the safe side of things, and did have the bravery to tell someone you love them. Go out there with no excuses, so you can have an amazing person as your travel partner!
9. “Never go on trips with anyone you do not love.”
– Ernest Hemingway
10. “In life, it’s not where you go, it’s who you travel with.”
– Charles Schulz
Traveling with the person you love gives you a completely different feeling in comparison to traveling with friends, family or alone. You can grow together, as a couple, make amazing memories, create better versions of yourselves and get to know each other even deeper to form a long lasting bond.
11. “A journey is like marriage. The certain way to be wrong is to think you control it.”
– John Steinbeck
12. “One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.”
– Henry Miller
Just as in travel, you sometimes need to see things in a different perspective when you are in a relationship. A change of scenery often helps induce a change of viewing things, don’t you think?
Famous adventure travel quotes 🚀
Of course we did not forget about the adventurers that can’t wait to just get out there and get that adrenaline rush. It does not matter whether you are climbing the highest mountain, the Mount Everest, in Nepal, or are going “down under” to Australia, these adventure quotes will accompany you on your way like a good friend would!
13. “Like all great travelers, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen.”
– Benjamin Disraeli
14. “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.”
– St. Augustine
15. “Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.”
– Dalai Lama
We all know the Dalai Lama is a very wise man, so it would be foolish not to follow his advice!
16. “To awaken alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world.”
– Freya Stark
17. “Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
Always be open-minded enough to explore new things and possibilities. That, of course, does not only apply to travel but to life in general. There is always a new path to take and something new to learn.
18. “Live your life by a compass, not a clock.”
– Stephen Covey
19. “If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine; it is lethal.”
– Paulo Coelho
One of my favorite adventure quotes! Sometimes we get too comfortable in life, and don’t even notice it. This is a good reminder that we need to get up and get out there to see the world.
Inspirational travel quotes 💡
Still not convinced to start packing and begin your journey right away? These inspirational travel quotes will definitely change your mind! They are type of quotes you will be eager to use as your instagram captions when you take your amazing travel photos.
20. “We wander distraction, but the travel for fulfillment.”
– Hilaire Belloc
21. “Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.”
– Ibn Battuta
Did you notice that people who travel and see the world always have something to say, and have the most amazing stories to tell? To hear a story and experience it yourself is not the same. They meet new people, see new places, take it all in and make it part of themselves. This kind of storyteller could be you!
22. “There is no unhappiness like the misery of sighting land (and work) again after a cheerful, careless voyage.”
– Mark Twain
23. “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”
– Lao Tzu
Just as in about almost everything in life, getting started is always the hardest challenge. It needs courage, motivation and sometimes a little push from someone. Well, we are the ones that are taking on that job! Don’t hesitate to take the first step towards what might become the best experience of your life.
24. “Travel expands the mind and fills the gap.”
– Sheda Savage
25. “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one’s lifetime.”
– Mark Twain
As you might have guessed by these last two quotes, travel is not only good to see new things with your eyes, but also to broaden your horizon and open up your mind to new experiences and perspectives. With so many places and cultures out there, it would be a waste to not immerse yourself in these things. Go on your journey and be ready to have your world changed!
That’s it! These were our handpicked top 25 meaningful travel quotes for you! Of course, there are always more out there, however, we personally feel that we collected the best ones. Quotes for friends, family, and couples, whats more important in life than those things, right?
What quote means a lot to you and why? Are there any quotes you would add onto the list that we missed? And which travel quotes did you not know yet? Let’s discuss in the comments down below! Excited to hear your opinions!